Do you believe in love at first Sight?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

I had, at one time seen him everyday of my life since we met, and still my heart pounded with every step i took that got me closer to him. I knocked on the door, and he answered mid knock, we hugged exchanged greetings, how are yous and such and then moved to the couch. I reached in my bag and pulled out his birthday present. he had been learning piano since i last saw him, so i got him a song book of old Beatles songs, i wasn't sure at first if it was something he would like but as it turns out he loved it.
we spent the rest of the night watching the basket ball game, making jokes and bets on how the game was going to end. every so often i'd just look up at him, he'd look at me we'd both smile, we knew we should look away but our gazes were stuck, and our smiles were glued to our faces even after we got the strength to look away. we started the night on opposite sides of the couch and slowly inched closer together i'd put my hand down by the side of my leg and he would do the same so our hands would just touch, which made me smile again. this happened a lot throughout the night, and suddenly it was close to ten o'clock. i stood up and he hugged me. this hug was different then anyone he'd ever given me before, it was tighter but still gentle our breaths were in sync and it was hard to let go. we walked to the door and just as i was about to walk out he turned me around and hugged me again. smiling and a little dizzy, i left happier then i ever remember being since 8th grade graduation when we left for different high schools. i'm seeing him again on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment