Do you believe in love at first Sight?

Friday, May 14, 2010

writing topic #1



So my recent writers block has sent me into a swirl of frustration, so as i recently found out i find it amazingly easy to write when provided a topic, so i'm going to find a topic every night (i hope ha ha) to hopefully break my block.

Todays Topic: Why I love To Sing

Growing up I was forced to keep a lot of secrets, my step father was abusive physicality, verbally, and Sexually. I kept this all a secret while going through middle school, it hurt a lot of relationships that was just beginning, and i was hurting myself both mentally and much to my dismay physically as well. i started singing as a way to release stress, and stay away from home as much as possible, but as i later found out, it is a great way to tell my dark secrets without actually having people know. You can't hide even your darkest secrets and fears from your music, its the truest form of yourself. its my singing that saved my life, it saved me from myself and from my step father at the same time, and has continued to help me grow as a person, and friend, a lover, a sister, and a daughter. and to that i owe my life to my music.

No comments:

Post a Comment